The savvy vegetarian’s paradise to...
- Staying ahead of latest health, food, diet & nutrition information
- Flaunting your culinary skills with delicious & hearty vegetarian recipes
- Getting your hands on high-quality health food products, books & other cool stuff
- Knowing where to find yummy food easily while on-the-go
- Having a beach bod while feeling amazing, full of energy & be in great shape inside out
So, who said vegetarians don’t love food?
Or that we must be really weak?
And for some warped reason that makes us sad?
Are you a vegetarian?
Here’s some woes & LOLs:
- Vegetarians are always hungry because they eat mainly vegetables. Do cows always look hungry to you? Well, maybe since they have 4 stomachs.
- It’s salads & green vegs all the time. Do you really think we really nom only on green grass?
- Going on a vegetarian diet can help you lose weight. Well, that’s really depends, see next point...
- Vegetarians are either scrawny or chubby. Well, that's true because of different lifestyles and our diets... the processed food...
- Folks think that looking for vegetarian food in Singapore can be a real pain in the butt when you’re eating out. Yup.
So how now, brown cow?
Some facts about us:
- We are vegetarians.
- We love our food and we love eating well.
- We wanna lose weight the healthy way and be in great—not just good—but great shape, inside & out.
- To top it all off, we are passionate about being healthy.
We are vegetarians who love our food yet want to be healthy & fit!
In 2014, 3 events triggered Jeann to start taking care of her mum’s health & hers and to dig deep into medical journals because what we were taught about health doesn’t seem to tally up in our food environment.
Her ex-colleague’s mum passed away within a few months after her cancer relapsed, her acquaintance's mum passed away also within a few months after her cancer relapsed, and her best friend who was then 28 was diagnosed with a rare blood cancer (she’s doing well now).
Their conditions seemingly had to do with their diets.
- The first actually took regular high-quality health supplements.
- The second ate like a regular Singaporean.
- The third had an unhealthy processed food diet—french fries, pasta, potato chips, a few chicken nuggets here and there.
Certainly then, to state the obvious, our health & well-being is directly impacted by the food we eat. But how many of us really care enough to do something about it?
Finally, after burying herself in health-related books, articles, medical journals, films and documentaries, she made a decision.
EVERYONE needs to know the latest research, updates and findings from long outdated health information and not forgetting to expose misleading marketing messages that puts many lives at risk at the expense of pushing more products for dollars.
We believe that businesses can be done with integrity and still be profitable.
Why do unto others what you don’t want to be done unto you?
We don't claim to know everything, or that every finding is 100% accurate, but our intention is to provide more structured information backed by different science and medicine from whatever we can gather from our existing findings to-date so that our readers can at least have more concrete references to make their lifestyle and health decisions.
So with that, we truly believe that the best way to benefit all humanity then, is to give what we want.
Because if we only give what we want, which means others too only give what they want, we will not give anything that will hurt another.
That stops the vicious cycle of harming one another.
Then the only way to stop this vicious cycle, really, is to give what we want.
It’s a big dream that may seem idealistic to many, but one that motivates us to keep doing what we do.
This is why Greedy Health Junkie is born.
We believe that being vegetarian is both the wisest dietary & life decision you will ever make, because by not eating meat, we are protecting lives, which includes ours.
Besides, we are also here to prove that vegetarians can be strong, fit & healthy! We can enjoy our food and have fun making delicious healthy & hearty meals!
We're here to...
- To debunk the stigma that being vegetarian is weak and sad.
- To help vegetarians who are on-the-go find vegetarian food places to eat in Singapore easily with our vegetarian food directory so endearingly named, Let’s Go Herbi!
- To recommend high-quality healthy food products & other materials to support the vegetarian’s dietary needs and lifestyle
- To provide fun-to-read science-based researched content to help our readers be more aware of their health & lifestyle choices.
- To provide delicious healthy & hearty vegetarian recipes so you can have fun whipping up and enjoying delicious vegetarians meals of different budgets.
- To help you feel amazing, full of energy & be in great shape with The Vegetarian’s Beach Bod: Eat Fit Yoga Buddy Program, a wellness program backed by a proven system that is affordable, easy to follow & works 100%
Kelly is a certified yoga instructor since 2004 & Jeann is a web writer, teaming up to help vegetarians eat healthy & grow fitter with a super fun yoga buddy program!
Oh and we didn’t forget to mention that we do have a mystery food blogger who goes around Singapore, visiting vegetarian food places and sharing updates and reviews on dishes we must savor and establishments we must check out for ourselves.